Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes.
12 Days of Nerd-Mas: It’s a Supernatural Christmas, Sam Winchester! Salted Hot Chocolate
You know what is delicious? Salted chocolate. Not only does this warm snuggly drink keep away demons, but it’s super easy to make. Which is my favorite kind of make.
You really want to use the darkest chocolate you can find for this. I like my chocolate how I like my men. In a cup and covered in whipped cream.
What you Need:
- 2 cups granulated Sugar
- 3 cups dry Milk(Canned works.)
- 1-1/2 cups Cocoa
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
What to Do:
- Mix all dry ingredients and chips together in large bowl. In small doses, use a blender or food processor to grind up finely. Oh so fine.
- Warm 1 cup of milk on stove (Or the microwave because dammit, you are busy with demons who be tryin’ climb up in your windows. Snatchin’ yo’ Winchesters up.) Stir in 1/3 cup of the mixed powder you made.
- Top with whatever you like: Marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles or whatevers.
Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is more Destiel love. An on-screen kiss wouldn’t hurt ‘neither.
12 Days of Nerd-Mas: Team Red Rules Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Bits
You know what rules? Team Red. You know what also rules? RED VELVET COOKIES. What happens when the two meet? You get the best cookie the world has ever seen.
I have yet to find a place to sell red velvet cookies with cream cheese. So I decided to cut those nerds out and make my own.
Feel very, very lucky because Ant gives you precious recipes that have been in her family since last Tuesday.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Bar Frozen Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
What To Do, Son:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Which is only slightly hotter than I am.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- With electric mixer, or the strength of hercules and a wooden spoon, whip together butter, sugar and vinegar until pale and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Add egg. Add vanilla and red food coloring and mix until blended.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine.
- This is important, so listen up. Or read twice. Cut up frozen/cold cream cheese into tiny bites. When rolling your dough by spoonfuls, (About 1/4 of a cup.) add bits to desired spots OR press into tops of cookies after baking. Whichevers you like.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Or eat them hot as hell because you a strong independent baker who don’t need no safety regulations MmmmHmmm.
This is seriously one of my favorite cookies. It’s super soft and cake-like with a crackly top and I think I ate 14 of them just by myself. I regret nothing. Except not eating more cookies.
And yes, that is superhero themed wrapping paper that I had my team hunt for. Yes.